I’m happy to announce that we just released version 1.2 of our client-side, check-as-you-type, spell checking library for ActionScript 3 projects in Flash, Flex, or AIR. This version includes some significant updates including:
- rewritten spelling suggestions algorithm, which is faster and returns better results
- better support for AIR, and addition of an AIRMenuHelper class to reinsert editing options
- enhanced multi-line highlighting
- improved support for languages other than English
- RegExpHighlighter source code, which highlights matches for a regular expression in a text field (as seen at regexr.com)
- various minor bug fixes and enhancements
You can find more information on the Spelling Plus Library, and see demos of it in action at the SPL product page.