Who We Are
gskinner is an award-winning digital studio in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. We are a team of just under 20 talented, passionate professionals who get out of bed every day eager to work together and create innovative digital solutions which expand creative and technical boundaries.
We work collaboratively with great clients who appreciate our thoughtful approach to problems, our craft, and approach to design which enables us to create industry-leading websites, applications, and experiences using a wide variety of cutting edge and emerging technologies.
Who You Are
You have the soul of an artist and spirit of a designer with the ability to blend art, design, story, and technology to create unforgettable experiences. You have endless curiosity and love experimentation and play. Able to champion beautifully designed well thought out experiences, you pay attention to the nuance and detail which defines the mood and tone of an experience — fine-tuning an aesthetic to a point where the boundaries between art, design, and technology are imperceptible.
With your previous experience directing teams and individuals, you help others grow and hone their skills: finding the balance between artistic vision, time, and budget.
You’re proficient in principles of visual and interaction design packaged alongside your ability to sketch, prototype, and evolve the creative process allowing your team to go beyond perceived limitations. You keep a close eye on trends and experiment to create new aesthetics.
You also come with some other helpful skills and experience:
- You have an artistic vision and want to share it with the world
- 3+ years of experience creating cohesive visions for websites, and applications
- Provide examples of thoughtfully created concepts, storytelling, UI/UX design, and interactive experiences which pay attention to all aspects of an experience (e.g. visual, motion, sound/music, story/narrative, and interaction)
- An understanding of how visual comps translate into code & production
- Experience collaborating with strategists, directors, and technologists to help clients achieve desired outcomes
- Proficient communication/presentation skills
- Inspired to innovate and create
What You’ll Be Doing
Creating amazing work with talented people.
- Work closely with our Creative Director, designers, developers, and project managers onsite at our Edmonton office to conceive, produce, and deliver industry-leading digital experiences, apps, and products.
- Collaborate or independently solve complex problems and find creative solutions which help clients realize their objectives
- Foster learning, excellence, and innovation within the company
- Inspire a rich creative culture
- Give and solicit feedback to continually improve the quality of products and services
- Ensure design direction is implemented well from concept to delivery
- Explore new techniques, styles, trends and establish new processes and techniques which realize artistic vision
- Create design comps and other design artifacts to deliver successful project outcomes
- You combine code + art to expand your craft and create new ways of realizing your vision
- You have a background in digital/social marketing
- You are a skilled writer
- You share your work and experiments on blogs and social media
- Your portfolio shows experience with emerging technologies such as AR/VR, 3D, or physical installations.
- You have interesting hobbies and unique perspectives on the world
We offer competitive wages based on experience and proven ability. We believe in a work / life balance and offer regular hours, benefits, and bonuses. Here are 10 reasons to work at gskinner.
You can apply by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Introduce yourself, let us know why gskinner could be the right fit for you, what excites you about the role, and include a link to your portfolio.