Yesterday marked one year of blogging for me – and man has the time ever flown past. A lot has happened on the blog and off:
- 102 posts to the blog
- 500 comments
- over 1 million visits to gskinner.com
- Macromedia FlashMX 2004 released
- speaking at a bunch of events about OOP, usability, development process, etc
- developing and successfully running my 3 day Flash MX 2004 Enterprise Development workshop
- gskinner.com growing from just me to 5 full time (super-capable) people
- meeting and speaking with a ton of very cool, very intelligent members of the Flash community
- working on some amazing projects with some truly awesome clients (thanks guys!)
- constantly expanding my knowledge and capabilities with Flash, OOP and general project/client/business management
- … and a whole ton of other stuff (stopping myself before this gets really long)
The past year did not see the launch of gskinner.com version 3, or gModeler 2, but we’ve been amazingly busy, not least of all with the gskinner lightweight interface components (glic) which should be coming out soon.
It’s been an awesome year, and I’d like to offer my sincere thanks to everyone who helped make it so. My very lovely girlfriend (who is EXCEPTIONALLY patient), family, friends, co-workers, fellow Flashers, clients, readers, etc).
I hope to keep the ball rolling, so if you have suggestions, comments (what did you like or not like on the site), criticisms, or encouragement please let me know in the comments below.