I’m happy to announce that we have released RegExr 0.3b. The most significant feature additions are the ability to save your patterns locally, and to share patterns on a searchable community database of regular expressions.
RegExr is a tool for learning, editing, testing, and sharing regular expressions (RegEx or RegExp for short). It is available online at RegExr.com, and as a desktop application for Mac OSX, Windows or Linux at regexr.com/desktop. Its features include:
- real time results: shows results as you type
- code hinting: roll over your expression to see info on specific elements
- detailed results: roll over a match to see details & view group info below
- built in regex guide: double click entries to insert them into your expression
- online & desktop: regexr.com or download the desktop version for Mac, Windows, or Linux
- save your expressions: My Saved expressions are saved locally
- share and rate expressions: search Community expressions and share your own
If you encounter any bugs or have any ideas for improving RegExr, please let us know in the comments below.